Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Exotic Eating

We have been trying to be semi-adventurous with our food tasting so far. I can't say I'll ever try a fertilized egg or any type of fried bug but we'll see what happens. In the meantime, here are some of the things we have eaten:

Dragon Fruit - leathery outside, soft kiwi-like texture and taste inside.



Pomelo - citrus fruit except it's the size of a bowling ball. I have actually eaten these in Israel and really love them. In the past, I had only eaten it in raw form. But in Vietnam, we had a pomelo salad that was slightly sweet and a little spicy. I could eat that stuff every day, it was SO good!!!!


Vietnamese Pho Soup - most of you have probably eaten this dish before. My coworkers like to make the trip up Buford Highway in Atlanta to get this hearty noodle soup.


Squid- We have eaten squid in several forms. This fried squid cake wasn't my favorite.

However, we did enjoy the steamed squid on our Haong Bay cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment